Notification For UGC- NET June-2015 For Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship &Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both
On behalf of UGC, the Central Board of Secondary Education announces holding of the National Eligibility Test (NET) on 28th June, 2015(SUNDAY) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects (listed under item no.14 on page 11) at 89 selected Cities of Examination (listed under item no.15 on page 13) spread across the country.
The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF. Candidate appearing in NET should clearly specify in the prescribed Application Form whether they are applying for both JRF& Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR only for eligibility for Assistant Professor. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP:
Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates who have already joined M. Phil./ Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION:
- Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years as on 01.06.2015. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC/ SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants.
- Assistant Professor: is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- General : Rs.600/-
- OBC : Rs.300/-
- SC/ST/PwD : Rs.150/-
- DATE OF TEST: 28th June, 2015 (SUNDAY)
- DOWNLOADING ADMISSION CARD : First Week of June, 2015
- LAST DATE TO APPLY ONLINE: 15th May 2015
NOTE: PRINTOUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM (CONFIRMATION PAGE) SHOULD NOT BE SENT TO CBSE.