Join Indian Navy as Commissioned Officers – For Final Year Engineering Students
Applications would be invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in Executive (GS) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive and Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing June 2016.
Online Registration/Campus interview. The advertisement inviting online application is scheduled to be published in leading dailies/Employment News in Jun 15. The campus selection/interviews for eligible candidates for this course are being scheduled in the month of Jul-Nov 15.
Educational Qualifications. Applicant should be studying in the final year (4th / 5th year) in an AICTE recognised university with one of the following disciplines and should have obtained a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks (till VIth semester for BE/BTech and VIII semester for 5 years Integrated Degree Course): –
- Executive Branch
- PC/ SSC General Service (X)(Men) – (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Production (v) Computer Science Engineering (vi) Information Technology (vii) Control (viii) Electrical (ix) Electronics (x) Telecommunication.
- SSC Pilot (Men) – Any stream of BE/B.Tech (Physics & Maths at 10+2 level).
- SSC Observer (Men) – Any stream of BE/B.Tech (Physics & Maths at 10+2 level) .
- SSC IT (Men) – (i) Information Technology (ii) Computer Science Engineering (iii) Computer Engineering.
- Technical Branch
- SSC Engineering (Men) – (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automobile (iv) Mechtronics (v) Instrumentation (vi) Production Engineering (vii) Metallurgy (viii) Aeronautical (ix) Aerospace (x) Automation & Robotics (xi) Industrial Engineering & Management.
- SSC Electrical (Men) – (i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Tele Communications (iv) Electronics and Men SSC Instrumentation (v) Electronics and Communication (vi) Power Engineering (vii) Control System Engineering (viii) Power Electronics (ix) Instrumentation and Control (x) Avionics.
- SSC Naval Architecture (Men & Women) – (i) Mechanical (ii) Civil (iii) Aeronautical (iv) Aero Space (v) Metallurgy (vi) Naval Architecture .
- Submarine Technical
- SSC Engineering (Men) – (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Automobile (iv) Mechtronics (v) Instrumentation (vi) Production Engineering (vii) Metallurgy (viii) Aeronautical (ix) Aerospace(x) Automation & Robotics (xi) Industrial Engineering & Management.
- SSC Electrical (Men) (i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Control (iv) Tele Communications (v) Instrumentation (vi) Power Electronics (vii) Electronics & Communication(viii) Instrumentation and Control.
Age Limits: 19 to 24 years as on 01 July 2015 (i.e. born between 02 Jul 1991 to 01 Jul 1996 both dates inclusive).
Terms & Conditions of Service
- The individual who are granted PC will be entitled to the full basic pay of the rank, while those granted SSC will be entitled to half the basic pay of the rank, for the period from date of appointment to date of reporting for training at Naval Academy. This will be payable as a lump-sum as stipend at the time of joining INA, Ezhimala for training.
- Candidates of SSC for GS(X) and GS(Tech) will serve for 12 years, extendable to 14 year. The extension is subject to service requirements and performance/ willingness of candidates. However, for Pilot/Observer/Tech(Submarine) the term of SSC is 14 years with no extension.
The eligible candidates will appear before a Naval Campus Selection Team for interview. The candidates qualifying the campus interview will be shortlisted for SSB interview based on the merit.
Cost to Company (CTC).
The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs 74,100/- to 90,600/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowances and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
Tentative Date/s for Online Registrations : Month of June (Approximately After 15th)
For further information please visit website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in