Join Territorial Army as an Officer for Graduates – Apply Now!
Applications are invited from gainfully employed young men for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers, based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
- Only MALE citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
- Age– 18 to 42 years as on 30 Jun 2015.
- Qualification -Graduate from any recognized university.
- Employment – Gainfully Employed in Central/State Govt/ Semi Govt/Pvt Sector/Self Employed.
- Note : Serving member of the Regular Army/Navy/Air Force/ Police /GREF/Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
EMBODIMENT FOR TRAINING
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA Dehradun.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR CIVILIAN CANDIDATES
- Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam and interview) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) by the respective TA Group Headquarters.
- Successful candidates will further undergo a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria.
- Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
- Pay Scales:
|RANK||PAY BANDS / SCALE||GRADE PAY||Military Service Pay|
APPLICATION FEES: Nill/ NA (There is no application fees)
HOW TO APPLY?
All desirous civilian candidates can
- Download Application Form (FREE OF COST)
- Fill the details carefully and send it to the respective TA Group Headquarters as per the choice of following examination centres.
- Two passport size photographs,
- One self addressed stamped envelope of 28 x12 cms size,
- Postal stamps worth Rs.27/- affixed on envelope (No other cost for submission)
- NO OTHER DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH APPLICATION FORM.
|SER NO||WRITTEN EXAMINATION CENTRE||APPLICATION TO BE SUBMITTED TO|
|1.||Chandigarh||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Western Command, Building No.750, Sector-8B, Chandigarh-160 009.
Ph No. 0172-2547864
|2.||Lucknow & Patna||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Central Command, Lucknow (UP) – 226002.
|3.||Kolkata & Shillong||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters, Eastern Command, Fort William,Kolkata (WB) – 700021.
|4.||Jaipur, Pune, Bangaluru & Hyderabad||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Southern Command, Pune-411001.
Ph No. 7768003601, 02026880123
|5.||Udhampur & Srinagar||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters Northern Command, Udhampur (J&K) – 182101
Ph No.01992 243592
- Last Date to Reach Filled Applications: 30th June 2015
- Date of written Exam : 02 Aug 2015
- PART I – Essay writing & comprehension (In English).
- PART II – Objective type question on General Awareness, issues related to Political/Economic, Current Affairs (both national & International), Mental Aptitude, English Grammar & Reasoning.
- Official Notification & APPLICATION Format (Download)