UPSC – Indian Forestry Service (IFS) Recruitment 2016 – Apply Online
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited online applications from the eligible candidates for the Indian Forest Service Examinations-2016. The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2016 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2016 which will be held on 7th August, 2016, in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change in the Gazette of India dated the 27th April 2015.
PLAN OF EXAMINATION
The Indian Forest Service Examination will consist of two successive stages :
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
Total Vacancies: 110 Posts (Approx.)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Indian Forest Service Main Examination. The applications for the Main Examination will be called sometime in the month of September/October, 2016 through on-line mode.
Age Limits :
- A candidate must have minimum age of 21 years and must not have maximum age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2016 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995.
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable :
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons.
- General, OBC Candidates : Rs. 100 only
- Women Candidates : Nill (Exempted)
- SC, ST, PwD, Ex. Servicemen Candidates: Nill (Exempted)
- Last Date for Online Registration: 27/05/2016 till 11.59 PM
- Date of Preliminary Examination : 07/08/2016
© This is originally posted in: www.coastalhut.com
Disclaimer: This post has been published for the public interest. Our team will takes an elaborative study before publishing any jobs in this website. Although candidates are strongly suggested for verifying all the required details carefully before applying for any posts published by CoastalHut Team. This site proudly designed, hosted and managed by Crust.